Previous media releases
For media requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Executive Director Renee Carr on 0435 597 976.
- LNP ignores community will; essentially endorses criminalising women and their doctors, 28.02.17
- Committee finding fails women and doctors, 17 February 2017.
- New parental leave cut proposal would leave thousands short of expert recommended time to care, 20 November 2016.
- Government recognises frontline DV services 'critical to save lives', then leaves thousands without access to them, 12 May 2016.
- Labor yet to commit funding needed to deliver on domestic violence promise in budget reply. 6 May 2016
- Turnbull budget devastating and dangerous for women experiencing family violence. 4 May 2016.
- Journalist's Guide to family violence service funding and the 2016-17 Federal Budget. 3 May 2016.
- Turnbull must to take cuts to parental leave off the table - permanently. Fair Agenda & The Parenthood. 6 April 2015.
- Cuts to parental leave doomed in the Senate as polling shows working mothers key undecided in upcoming election. Fair Agenda & The Parenthood. 17 March 2016.
- Federal funding failures leave thousands of women in danger. Embargoed until 16 March 2016.
- New expert report shows MYEFO PPL cuts savage - will hit nurse, ambos, teachers and retail workers hard, 13 January 2012.
- The federal government are still leaving women in danger: full funding of family violence services. 25 November 2015.
Thousands join survivor's campaign to stop cross-examination by abusive partners, Fair Agenda and Women's Legal Services Australia, 27 October 2015.
- Turnbull announcement still leaves women in danger: thousands will remain without access to frontline services. 24 September 2015.
PM urged in open letter: don't leave women with nowhere to turn. 23 September.
- Open letter: Prime Minister Turnbull - fully fund family violence services. 23 September 2015.
- The Abbott-led government left women in danger. Will the Turnbull-led government keep doing the same? 15 September here.
- New report shows nurses, teachers, ambos and retail workers to be hit hard by paid parental leave cuts. 6 August here. Full report from provided by the Women & Work group available here.
- New 'divorce tax' adds to federal government's poor form on domestic violence released 15 July here.
- New poll on threat of family violence v terrorism (with quotes from Rosie Batty) released 6 July here.